Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas Eve

Well - here it is - midday on Christmas Eve and I'm creating a blog. Never done one before, and don't know how often I'll post, but I'll try to share some things that others might enjoy. If nothing else, it will keep me amused.

And what are the things I enjoy?
  • Music - I play hammer dulcimer, and handbells, and used to sing.
  • Cooking - tried and true recipes -- I'm not the experimenter in the family, my daughter is! And she is good!
  • Decorating stuff and shows - Not that I'm good at it, but I LOVE seeing before and after photos. My daughter is an Interior Design major...I have been taught that there is a difference between "design", and "decorating"...and here's what I know -- I decorate --she designs...trust me on this!
  • Real Estate stuff (and shows) - No - I'm not becoming a realtor. But I've always loved looking at house, and floor plans. I try to keep up with sales in the neighborhood (and even the "old" neighborhood).
  • Friends & family - Having lived in NY, NC and GA, I have special folks all over (including those who have moved to other areas of the country)
  • A really good laugh - sometimes - those are the only things that get you through a bad day.
  • Good quotes - it's one of the things that got me started talking with my husband before we started dating - I left him a "quote of the day" in his hotel mail box (where I worked at the front desk).
And on occasion, I actually complain. Yes - I can usually find stupidity in the world on a daily basis --
YESTERDAY'S STUPIDITY -- the motorcycle rider that last night, after tailing me for 3 miles, and while I was doing 65mph in a 55mph zone, passed me on a double yellow line - even though we were 200 yards from where the road actually became a 4 lane! Oh - he passed the car in front of me too? Before he got to the 4-lane. I'd wonder if it had been "Santa" trying to get to the North Pole on time for tonight's ride, but he was going south, not north!

A good friend of ours has a phrase, “ You just can't fix ‘stupid’ ” -- he's right!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Chocolate, in moderation, is always the answer"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: