Guess the Corner Café’s kitchen has been closed because the Chef hasn’t been showing up. Sorry about that. But....if there is no food with which to make an interesting recipe, then cooking isn’t going to do much good!
Actually - I have been busy....trying to put recipes into a cookbook program on the computer. I have about 110 right now - many of which I have tried, some of which I’d like to try, some that came from my mom. I have a bunch of her recipes in its own section too since we have the same recipe program.
It’s been rather cold in Georgia, so I did make some of my mother-in-law’s vegetable soup a little over a week ago. Finally was able to cut the recipe down to a manageable size. What was I expecting from a lady who was feeding 6 kids? So now - the recipe has been quartered, and is just perfect for about 3 meals.
I'm half way through the new Jan Karon book, "Home to Holly Springs". For anyone who has not read her first series (the Mitford series - www.mitfordbooks.com ), she really is a good one to read. I also like the Joanne Fluke ( http://www.murdershebaked.com/ ) and her Hannah Swensen Mysteries. First book is called Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder -- and the books are all filled with recipes. Yummm!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment