We had thunder storms last night....which meant powering things down to be safe -- including the computer.
So when Mike got up at 4:30am this morning to head to his sales meeting in Florida, I went upstairs and booted the computer.
What I surprise I got.
When I opened up Thunderbird (kind of like Outlook Express) it had lost ALL my log-ins and emails! Nothing was there.
My heart sank....then I realized....I could probably re-download MOST of it. Re-do all my sorting filters - maybe even better than I had before. I don't monitor as many accounts as the last time this happened a year and a half ago. So I didn't let me eat me up.
I must be growing up!
The truth is - it was there if you know how to find it....but it takes a LOT of work to put it back together.
SO I have spent almost the entire day cleaning out junk from my webmail accounts before downloading them again in Thunderbird.
After all the reading up I did - I know what I did wrong. I left a LOT of mail in the in-box. I never compacted the directories within it - and I used the "default" for it instead of creating a user. All three combined probably did me in.
So here I am...a house to myself (until I pick Susan up at the airport tomorrow evening) and I'm spending all my time on the computer!
Maybe, just maybe, I'll get this all taken care of tonight and can enjoy my free time tomorrow before heading to the airport!Publish Post
Quote of the day:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A computer is only as good as the human that programs it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment